An easy 1km walk that takes in the historic buildings and surrounds of Wollombi. A map is available at the Wollombi Museum. You can also enjoy a gentle walk that follows the Wollombi Brook, beginnning at the Wollombi road west of cemetery (sign posted).
Wander around the historical village of Wollombi.
1. St John's Anglican Church - Foundation stone laid 1846, Consecrated 1849 by Bishop Tyrrell.
2. Wollombi Tavern - a wine saloon that has traded since 1868.
3. Endeavour Museum - original site of the timber court house and lockup - has also been used as a police station.
4. Police Residence - Wollombi has a continuous police establishment since the 1850's.
5. The Forge - site of a blacksmith and wagon builder who operated from 1870's - 1930's.
6. St Michael's Cathrolic Church - built at Cunneen's Bridge in 1840, relocated to this site after the flood of 1893. Featuring gothic style doors and windows.
7. Former Overland Telegraph Office - Post Office established 1839, and telegraph office 1860. Two offices combined in 1882.
8. Wollombi Cottage - dates back to 1840 through to have been the Clerk of Petty Sessions Building.
9. Wollombi Store - the original store to supply the township and surrounds.
10. Kenny's Folly - Built around 1890m the two storey stone building was later leased to Gordon Edgell of Edgell's canned food fame.
11. The Old Barn - the present building was originally the local hall.
12. Wollombi Cemetery - consecreted by Bishop Tyrrell in 1849, behind the cemetery is the mill pond. A flour mill was used to grind the wheat. The twin gabled roof of Wollombi House can be viewed from here.
13. Wollombi School - built in 1881.
14. Picnic Table - overlooking the mill pond.
15. Flour Mill - originally stood on opposite side of mill pond to the cemetery, powered by horses turning a capstan, later replaced by a steam engine. Burned down in 1904.
16. ANZAC Reserve - an ANZAC monument is observed.
Download the brochure: http://www.touristdrive33.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/wollombi-walk.pdf