149 Deasys Road, Pokolbin
Taste some of the best wines the lower Hunter has to offer and feel free to explore our grounds and experience the estate’s unique tranquility.
The moment we set eyes on this wonderful estate we fell in love with its enchanting scenery and stimulating natural spirit. As one of the original Hunter Valley wine estates established over a half a century ago, it was our dream to rejuvenate the existing vines and bring new beauty and wonder to the landscape. Now, many years and vintages later we are very proud to share that dream with you at our newly opened cellar door. Please come and taste some of the best wines the lower Hunter has to offer and feel free to explore our grounds and experience the estate’s unique tranquility. In this way we hope our dream, can in some way help fuel your own.
Our grounds feature the following:
- Japanese Garden Display - We invite you to take a walk through our exquisite garden while you visit the estate. There we encourage you to behold the beauty of nature and enjoy the air of freedom and tranquililty afforded by the Japanese inspired display. (In season all year)
- Lavender Field - With over 10,000 newly introduced plants the beauty and fragrance of our lavender field can only be experienced for real. Lavender is the natural ingredient in some of our Nature’s Care products such as hand cream and soap and its healing properties are well known. (In season August - October)
- Olive Grove - There are eight different varieties and in total more than wonderful 500 Olive Trees growing on the estate. We use the grove as a testing resource for Nature’s Care olive leaf extraction and every year enjoy experimenting with the different styles and flavours of olive and olive oil. (In season all year)
- Bee Keeping - With all the tea trees growing on the estate there is natural incentive for bees to make the estate their home. We have been blessed with some remarkably productive hives and every year look forward to sampling their delightful honey. (In Season October - March)
- Fruit Orchard - Oranges, lemons and mandarins all grow beautifully on the estate and our orchard never fails to produce a bumper harvest. Feel free to help yourself should you visit during June- September and don’t forget to try our yummy home made jams.
- Tea Trees - We have 1500 tea trees and two varieties growing on the estate, Leptospermum polygalifolium (or Jelly Bush) and Leptospermum scoparium (or New Zealand Manuka). The flowers of both produce nectar harvested by bees to make honey with high ‘active’ antibacterial (MGO) ratings.
Winemakers: Kees Van De Scheur & Richard Done
OPENING HOURS: Weekdays 10:00am - 4:00pm, Weekends 10:00am - 4:30pm